professional advanced diploma in italian culinary arts
16 weeks +
16 weeks of internship
16 weeks +
16 weeks of internship
The profession of the Chef: passion, competence and commitment
The Advanced Diploma in Italian Culinary Arts is an effective, all rounded and challenging training updated method which allows the student to promptly develop all the notions including the practical skills, rooting from the foundations of the culinary arts and stretching to contents and knowledge of the highest level.
Proficiency, Technique and Sustainability defines the key words of this profession, which requires commitment, in-depth knowledge, hands-on skills, but mostly an unbounded passion.
- 16 weeks in the classroom
- 16 weeks + 16 weeks of internship in two Italian companies
- 3 days of final exams
Teaching method: Practical
Attendance: lessons are held full time in a time slot between 8.00 and 18.00. Entrance and exit times may vary depending on the weekly educational program
The first 16 weeks of training are delivered in advanced technology classrooms equipped with single workstations. Here, many subjects are assessed, belonging to a specific programme that includes the fundamental basic techniques of food processing, traditional and modern cooking systems, the aesthetics and pairing principles to enhance the creativity of the dishes, an organized, rational and efficient working method with particular focus on the reduction of food waste, the specific equipment and their criteria of use, the proposal of a successful gastronomy offer able to combine taste and health.
At the end of the training weeks in the classroom, the students complete and enrich their educational experience with two periods of 16 weeks of practical internship in some of the most qualified restaurants/companies in Italy, selected by CAST Alimenti.
The training will also be completed within the CAST Main Kitchen Classroom, a unique and exclusive environment of its kind in Italy, equipped with the most modern and advanced kitchen technologies on the market, an innovative space also in the layout, thanks to the diversification of the environments.
Here the student, under the supervision of trainers, will live the experience of working as in a real kitchen brigade, immersed in an operative environment quite similar to the kitchen of a fine-dining restaurant; He will be personally involved in the production and delivery of the required services, simulating different types.
- Master the autonomy and work with broad awareness in the different restaurant business environments of the hospitality market: à la carte and fine dining restaurants, banqueting, catering, mass catering perspective.
- Master the required know-how on food products and raw materials in order to properly cook a wide variety of Italian cuisine dishes.
- Acquiring the knowledge and the importance of a cuisine in compliance with health and environmental respect
- Develop numerous recipes through the implementation of the most advanced techniques and innovative methods required by the modern Italian recipes.
- Awareness of the individual key role played in a kitchen brigade: duties, tasks and coordination skills.
- Reinforce the technical skills through the hands-on skilled activities and services in the new Main Kitchen Classroom.
- Expand knowledge through theoretical insights of considerable interest for the professional figure of the Chef, i.e. concepts of food cost, proper use with enhancement of the territory and local sourced food products.
- The chef profession: the brigade, the kitchen environment and its equipment- The chef’s ethical and moral values.
- Product classification of foods: vegetables, cereals, meat, fish, etc.
- Preliminary processing on food. Proper preservation and storage.
- Practical execution of a wide variety of the modern Italian cuisine recipes
- Bakery products for catering industry
- Hands-on training on à la carte menu, banquets and catering, gourmet and starred restaurants
- Demos on how organizing and managing prestigious gastronomic events
- Healthy cuisine: seasonality knowledge on nutrition and practical exercises
- Creative cuisine: textures, flavours, aesthetic display and food design
- Design and preparation of a menu development, elements of food cost and food pricing
- Analysis of restaurant trends and new formats for the commercial catering
- Elements of practical sensory analysis and beer/wine-food pairing
- Safety in the workplace and health and hygiene concepts related to the culinary profession
- Daily practical sessions performed as skills in organization, time management and teamwork
- Promotion of the territory and locally sourced food products
- Roles and duties in the kitchen: supervising the workflow in the station
The internships are a valuable experience aimed at enhancing manual skills and acquiring professional role skills. They allow you to test yourself in a real organizational and production context, also learning about the dynamics and business rules as well as creating an opportunity to enter the job market.
Duration: 16 weeks + 16 weeks
Where: throughout the Italian country, in companies selected by CAST from among the most qualified structures in Italy.
During the internship period, hospitality is at the discretion of the host company.
The Educational Office of CAST Alimenti is responsible for keeping contacts, drafting the Agreement, and opening the Individualized Training Project, constantly monitoring the progress of the experience through the figure of the tutors. A constant coaching service that allows you to identify the most suitable host structure based on the aspirations, attitudes, needs and progress of the student’s path: a scrupulous process that guarantees the continuation of the training experience.
The service can be activated on compliance with the requirements of the contractual clauses (see contractual clauses at the time of registration).
- Faculty of excellence: the best professionals on the Italian and international scene
- Technologically advanced classrooms / laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technologies
- Continuous practice, knowledge and concreteness: from theory to immediate practice through individual and group work
- Classes with limited numbers to ensure an excellent teacher-student relationship
- Personalized internships in selected structures of excellence where you can consolidate the skills acquired during the training course
- Immediate inclusion into the world of work thanks to a solid network of contacts with the world of work and the Job Placement service reserved for those who attend school. The Job Placement service is available on the MyCAST web app accessible to those who attend a CAST course
- For international training and exchange projects
This inspirational Professional Advanced Diploma is open to whoever is passionate about cooking and has the ambition to pursue a rewarding career in food, desire to learn or fine-tune the chef profession, master practical skills in the kitchen and gain an insight into the organizational and managerial aspects of a culinary business. Even though it is not mandatory, we do recommend a brief prior experience in the culinary or catering industry as a starting point.
Number of participants per edition: closed number
The course is in italian. So, for attending it, a minimum knowledge of Italian language is required (B1 or B2 level). During the teaching period, for recipes, for theoretical lessons specific support will be given in English for the foreign students.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must include personal resume with past experience and history;
- Must have minimum B1 or B2 level (intermediate level) in Italian language (for better understanding of Italian Culinary & creating global job opportunity);
- Must have good communication skills in English language;
- Must be highly motivated to start a career in the food & beverage industry;
- Eager to learn another foreign language and adapt to the Italian lifestyle.
- Certificate of skills acquired EQF (European Qualifications Framework) issued by the Lombardy Region and valid throughout Europe for the profile of chef Level EQF: 5
- Attendance certificate (5 stars to the most deserving)
- HACCP certificate
- Certificate of safety in the workplace
16.900,00 + VAT 22%More information
7.450,00 + VAT 22%
The registration fee includes:
- Participation in all practical activities including, theoretical lessons, demonstrations, didactic exercises, handouts and cookbooks;
- Kit of personal professional utensils;
- Three professional jackets, a pair of trousers, an apron and a shoulder bag with the CAST Alimenti brand;
- Breakfast, lunch and coffee break during the course period;
- Reserved access to MyCAST, the CAST Web App containing the student’s profile, his own personal virtual educational kit, the Job Placement section and much other material to support the training and professional path of CAST customers;
- CAST Alimenti Staff’s support all along the Course;
- Reception services, tutoring and VISA release documentation.
The registration fee does not include:
- Accommodation and evening meals during the course period
- Accommodation and food during the internship period
- Air fares, travel insurance, pocket money;
- Accommodation and evening meals during the course period, accommodation and meals during the internship;
- VAT Italian tax (+22%);
- Tutoring outside lesson time;
- Transfers from / to the airport of arrival / departure;
- Daily transfers from / to CAST Alimenti.
Registrations are limited. After evaluating the requirements, to finalize the registration it is necessary:
- register on the website
- fill in the online registration form
- pay the deposit indicated by credit card or bank transfer.
Upon reaching the minimum number of subscribers, the Course activation will be notified.
For further information, contact the CAST on 030.2350076, or send an email to email@example.com
- Contact us to receive more information or to organize an individual and personalized visit to the school.
- International Pathway the exclusive project reserved for students of Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts And the Advanced Diploma in Pastry Arts for Hotel and Restaurant Service, that allows them to carry out Master’s activities within high-level structures abroad, with the concrete possibility of job placement