Students, employees, associates and suppliers will be safeguarded by specific safety protocols
The reopening of the school on June 22 was an exciting and emotional moment after the Covid-19 emergency plus the lockdown phase that we all experienced. The recovery of activities “in presence" is also the result of a series of meticulous measures carried out in collaboration with our Consultants and specialized partner companies, in compliance with the guidelines specified by the Ministry of Health, to grant safety in our school environments.
Over the past few months, a specific team assessed all aspects of health and safety protection within the school, and then articulated a Code of Conduct along with an information campaign branded #safeeducation which is aimed at ensuring a safe and efficient teaching practice, manageable classes in terms of number of students and accordance to the safety standards.
The following main actions and procedures have been adopted by the CAST Alimenti to provide active prevention and a high level of safety to whoever attends the school:
- SANITIZATION, on a regular basis, of indoor and outdoor perimeter areas, surfaces and air treatment systems ensured by a procedure based on modern technology combining the efficacy of the treatment, the safety and health protection of the operator and the environmental impact. Where applicable, ozonisation and atomized hydrogen peroxide treatments were applied by CAST Alimenti in collaboration with MedicAir Food, an ideal company specialized in industrial gases and bio-safety for over 70 years.
- DEDICATED PATHWAYS for employees, customers and suppliers in order to guarantee them a safe lane inside the school premises. Upon arrival, guests find a welcome desk and properly highlighted ways of access through floor marks and tensabarrier. The locker rooms are equipped with sensors and traffic lights to ensure restricted entry to a pre-established number of students in the classroom/premises.
- RENEWAL OF AIR SYSTEM by a treatment method that provides complete air change without recirculation. All the guest rooms in the new Green Tower have already been designed to host in-built aerodynamic and UTA systems including a total air exchange with heat recovery unit to minimize the environmental impact. In our training labs, already advanced in terms of technology and sustainability, over the years have implemented innovative air treatment systems that easily align to the new requirements for a total air exchange without recirculation.
- EDUCATION AND INFORMATION INITIATIVES on the new organizational, prevention and safety measures are displayed through dedicated tools such as posters and video tutorials.
- CONSTANT SUPERVISION and monitoring of security measures by a dedicated team of professionals.
A complete safety environment is the result of the synergy between the school and its students and guests. Conformity to the specific protocols of conduct supports the school’s commitment to ensure prevention and safety for whoever attends it regularly: the students of course, but employees, associates, suppliers too. It is therefore essential that everyone is adequately informed and respects the new prevention and protection protocols established by the CAST Alimenti.
Some new Guidelines:
- REGULATED ACCESS and dedicated pathways with entry and exit are properly highlighted
- BODY TEMPERATURE measured at the entrance by the reception staff; temperature should not exceed 37.5 degrees. In case of flu symptoms and/or general discomfort, it is compulsory to stay at home
- MANDATORY MASK to be worn inside the school. It is possible to remove temporarily during meals time, while sitting at your own safe distance seat and during moments of activity in isolated areas.
- INTERPERSONAL DISTANCE of at least one meter, strictly applied during any training/activity and in every area within the school premises
- HANDS SANITATION before approaching the workstation in the lab and in the dining hall.
During the teaching activity in the labs, trainers and students should be working in conformity with the required safety attitude although without penalization or diminishing the efficiency of the "CAST method", based on individual and group practice as well as simulations of useful kitchen situations.
To avoid gatherings and to control the waiting time, including the use of the locker rooms everyone must follow the similar procedures, as applied in the restaurant and bar area where the catering services are directly managed by the staff of CAST Alimenti.
Specific safety procedures are equally to be followed by the suppliers who deliver the goods: delivery can only take place through a dedicated gate and in such a way as to avoid direct contact between the supplier/ courier and CAST Alimenti staff. The incoming goods, where applicable, will be sanitized with the hydrogen peroxide before entering the storage areas.
These short guidelines are meant to be useful for our students and their families, for teachers and suppliers, as well as for all the school associates. CAST Alimenti is all set to resume and we all need to join our forces so we don't hold back our passion!