The pastry chef in the restaurant and hospitality industry
The ‘pasticcere’ or pastry chef in the catering and hotel industries, combines in itself all the knowledge and technical skills of the traditional pastry chef, but at the same time, interprets and creates a pastry art with completely different objectives from the conventional laboratory: they contextualize their work within a team, working closely with the Executive Chef, to ensure superior quality in the dining service and within hospitality.
They are responsible for all the desserts, and not only, served during the main meals, for breakfast and in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks. They deal with the preparation of savoury dough for the kitchen, such as fresh pasta, but also other baked preparations, such as bakery products. Essential elements: extreme attention to detail, a strong aesthetic component during service, creativity and transversality compared to the kitchen brigade in which they are inserted.
In current market we need professional figures specially prepared to meet the needs of the modern clientele of renowned hotels and restaurants, to offer a quality service. CAST Alimenti, the Italian School of Culinary Arts, always attentive to the needs of the market, designed a new advanced course, in order to respond to the modern demands of professionalism, which have become increasingly higher and specialized.
- Making sweet and savory recipes, as well as baked and hearth recipies typical of national and international pastry suitable for the restaurant and hotel industry.
- Roll out a dessert menu, in collaboration with the Executive Chef.
- To manage the quality of ingredients independently in order to maintain product standard.
- Organize the presentation of the buffets, from the selection of the products to the preparation of the same.
- 16 weeks in the classroom
- 16 weeks of internship in an Italian company
- 4 days of final exams
- 16 weeks of internship in another Italian Region (optional*, service fee € 800.00 + VAT)
The course is suitable for
The course is aimed at all those who want to perfect or learn the profession of Pastry Chef in the restaurant and hospitality industry. It is also designed for those operators of the food world who already have experience in the field of catering and want to complete and expand their cultural background learning all the skills of a modern and cutting-edge Pastry Chef. It is not essential to have previous experience in this sector. Number of participants per edition: maximum 16.
The course is in italian. So, for attending it, a minimum knowledge of Italian language is required (B1 or B2 level). During the teaching period, for recipes, for theoretical lessons specific support will be given in English for the foreign students.
Eligibility to join CAST Alimenti programme in Italy
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must include personal resume with past experience and history;
- Must have minimum B1 or B2 level (intermediate level) in Italian language (for better understanding of Italian Culinary & creating global job opportunity);
- Must have good communication skills in English language;
- Must be highly motivated to start a career in the food & beverage industry;
- Eager to learn another foreign language and adapt to the Italian lifestyle.
- Attendance certificate (5 stars to the most deserving)
- HACCP certificate
- Certificate of safety in the workplace
- Certificate of skills acquired EQF (European Qualifications Framework) issued by the Lombardy Region and valid throughout Europe for the profile of pastry chef Level EQF: 3
Conditions and schedules
The course is offered in 16 weeks full-time, generally from Monday to Friday (8.30-17.00 ca) for a total of over 600 hours. Educational field trips and supplementary lessons can also take place on Saturday. Training in the classroom will be followed by 16 weeks + 16 weeks of internship (optional*) and a subsequent return to school to take the final exams.
The registration fee includes:
- Participation in all practical activities including, theoretical lessons, demonstrations, didactic exercises, handouts and cookbooks;
- Expert Professors, selected by CAST Alimenti among the best Italian specialists in the culinary business;
- Utilization of hi-tech classes and/or labs, fully provided with the most advanced technical tools and equipment;
- CAST Alimenti Staff’s support all along the Course;
- All necessary ingredients;
- Kit of personal professional utensils;
- Breakfast, lunch and coffee break during the course period;
- Three professional jackets, a pair of trousers, an apron and a shoulder bag with the CAST Alimenti brand;
- Attestation of attendance, HACCP, Certificate of safety in the workplace;
- Certificate of skills acquired EQF (European Qualifications Framework) issued by the Lombardy Region and valid throughout Europe for the profile of Pastry Chef - Level EQF: 3;
- Reserved access to the section of the website dedicated to job offers;
- Reception services, tutoring and VISA release documentation.
The registration fee does not include:
- Air fares, travel insurance, pocket money;
- Accommodation and evening meals during the course period, accommodation and meals during the internship;
- VAT Italian tax (+22%);
- Tutoring outside lesson time;
- Transfers from / to the airport of arrival / departure;
- Daily transfers from / to CAST Alimenti.
The payment of the entire fee is foreseen in 5 instalments without interest (down payment + 4 successive instalments).
Where to stay
To respond seriously and reliably to those who need to stay near the school, CAST Alimenti has set up a series of agreements with accommodation facilities in the area (hotels, B&B and apartments) at discounted rates. Contact us
The CAST Alimenti Education Office is in charge of keeping contacts, drafting the Convention and opening the Individualized Training Project, constantly monitoring the progress of the experience through the figure of the tutors. The service can be activated based on compliance with the requirements of the contractual clauses (see contractual clauses at the time of registration).
Registration is limited. Classes are set with no more than 16 participants. To register you must register on the website, fill in the online registration form and pay a deposit (by credit card or bank transfer). The course will confirm once the minimum number of studetns has been achieved. For more information contact CAST Alimenti at +390302350076, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Why choose CAST Alimenti
- For its history: we were established in 1997.
- For his Faculty comprising of trade professionals and highly qualified teachers.
- For the possibility of immediate integration into employment thanks to a solid network of contacts with employers who reserve job placements for those who attend school.
- Because it is the school of world champions.
- For international training and exchange projects.
Are you not convinced yet?
Contact us to receive more information or to organize an individual and personalized visit to the school.Contact us