Intensive course for preparing Italian artisan gelato specialities.
The course is suitable for:
- Established professionals, faculty members as well as students in Culinary and Pastry Arts interested in expanding their knowledge on updated techniques to prepare genuine Italian gelato, and to achieve new tasteful recipes.
Italian gelato is definitely a synonym for Italian food and style. This is why the demand for traditional gelato is continuously growing and becoming an increasingly profitable business opportunity all over the world. Under the guidance of the best Master Gelato Makers in Italy, attendees will learn how to prepare primary Italian Gelato flavours. From the most traditional to the most innovative, the key to success is in the method and use of top-quality ingredients.
- The organization of the lab, core technology and production systems;
- Elements and raw ingredients for Italian gelato;
- Technical information sheets on products and raw ingredients used;
- Hygienic standard rules for making gelato products;
- Production techniques;
- What is gelato and its history;
- Gelato making for commercial production;
- Nutritional aspects of gelato;
- Introduction to spectacular creativity with the assembly of various Gelato tortes;
- Students wishing to open a Gelateria will also benefit from unique presentation techniques and will learn to successfully increase profit margins with the introduction of semifreddi and gelato tortes;
- Private consult with our Chefs (if desired), for business planning, product sourcing and equipment purchasing
The course is mainly practical and includes individual and group training.
Each participant will receive educational tools, in reference to the course material, containing both theoretical information, as well as recipes.
5 working days (1 week, Mon-Fri), class attendance goes from 9.am to 4.pm.
At the end of the course, CAST Alimenti will provide all participants with a certificate of attendance.
The price includes: proficient educators, fully-equipped classrooms/laboratories, classroom assistants, raw materials, educational resources, language assistance during the course, lunch & coffee break throughout the course, dinners and accommodation.
The price does not include: Italian IVA tax (+22%), which is not applicable to companies with a VAT registration number; flight tickets & transfer to/from airport, insurance, personal expenses (e.g. telephone, internet).
Maximum attendance per class/lab: 15 students
This program will be held at CAST Alimenti’s headquarters in Brescia, Italy - Via Serenissima, 5
A full professional chef uniform is required to attend all classes (jacket, trousers, hat, and shoes); the School’s branded uniforms are available on request.