Intensive course for the preparation of typical Italian gourmets, such as bread, pizza and focaccia.
The course is suitable for:
- Students in the culinary sector with a elementary knowledge of food products and processing techniques;
- Chef and cooking instructors who want to deepen their knowledge on Italian craft baking product
Bread and pizza have always represented the unique nature of Italian culinary. Under the supervision of master bakers and pizza-makers among the best in Italy, attendees will learn preparing a wide range of core traditional Italian breads, pizzas and bakery products; from the simplest to the most complex. Whether in conventional or hearth baking ovens, participants will reproduce textures and flavours that evade most chefs today.
- Knowledge and comparison of the different types of flour;
- Analysis of different types of yeast and levitating methods (biga, poolish and mother’s yeast);
- Creation of base recipes for some of Italy’s most known breads;
- Looking at the different methods of working to create a perfect dough: differences of direct and indirect working principles;
- Hands-on class activities for processing the leading types of Italian bread, pizza and focaccia;
- Creating unique flavours with the addition of herbs, sundried-tomatoes, olives, pureed vegetables, saffron, nuts and grains;
- Regional and international leavened breads and using mixed yeast combinations (Ciabatta, Ciabattina, Baguette, Grissini);
- Demonstration of preparation of focaccia and pizza using different flour combinations and levitating techniques (baked in conventional or hearth ovens)
- Hands-on preparation of focaccia and pizza
- Assessing the quality of raw materials used in bread, pizza and focaccia according to the Italian tradition;
- Basic products, typical ingredients and regional varieties;
- Preparation of the dough, leavening and maturation, processing and cooking;
- The history of Italian cuisine, regional bread and pizza.
The course is mainly hands-on and includes individual and group training.
Each participant will receive reference and educational materials enclosing both academic information and recipes.
5 working days (1 week), class attendance goes from 9 am to 4 pm.
At the end of the course, CAST Alimenti will provide any attendee with a certificate of attendance.
The price includes: proficient educators, fully-equipped classrooms/laboratories, classroom assistants, raw materials, educational resources, language assistance during the course, lunch & coffee break throughout the course, dinners and accommodation.
The price does not include: Italian IVA tax (+22%), which is not applicable to companies with a VAT registration number; flight ticket & transfer to/from airport, insurance, personal expenses (e.g. telephone, internet).
Maximum attendance per class/lab: 15 students
This program will beheld at CAST Alimenti's headquarters in Brescia, Italy - Via Serenissima, 5
A full professional chef uniform is required to attend all classes (jacket, trousers, hat, and shoes); the School's branded uniforms are available on request.
Deposit: 1,830.00 euros
From 11/5/2018 to 11/9/2018
No new editions available at the momentPast editions